In 1927 a group of devout ladies borrowed $500 to purchase a church building and prevent it from becoming a sheep barn. With the building, they began an ongoing Sunday School and Ladies Aid meetings.
On March 18, 1953, the older Sunday School members and the young adults from the Bible Study, who met in homes since 1946, became an organized congregation called the Cummings Community Church. The Evangelical Free Church of America had deep convictions based on the authority of God’s Word, but allowed for differences on minor doctrinal issues. These convictions were important because members of the Community Church were from many denominational backgrounds. Desiring strong roots for our generation and those to follow, affiliation was made with the EFCA on July 24, 1957, thus becoming the Evangelical Free Church of Cummings.